Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today is my mom's 75th birthday.  She is just amazing, and I am so proud to be her daughter.  She is the smartest woman on the planet, and the most generous and kind-hearted.  She is a very faithful and strong woman who has borne hard times with resolute determination and hard work.  I hope I am living my life in a way that will make her proud of me.
Isn't she beautiful?

Here she is in 1934 with her mother and grandmother in Boulder City, Nevada.  Her dad was helping to build Hoover (Boulder) Dam.
Here are my parents as newlyweds in 1952.  So cute.
Happy Birthday, Mom!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Ah what GREAT photos of your mom.. she is BEAUTIFUL!! and I hope she has a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your mom is so very proud of you. Wonderful post. A great birthday tribute to your mom. You're a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to to honor your Mom! Thank you for sharing such great photos. Most of us do not have photos from that time...what a wonderful treasure to cherrish. Happy Birthday Cheryl's Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of your mom!! I hope she has a fantastic birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed this post. BEAUTIFUL! I love, love, love Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I lov...

Erin Lee Creative November Release

Hello!  I am your last stop on the Erin Lee Creative blog hop for the November release, now available in the shop .  If you haven't seen everyone's creations yet, check the list at the bottom of this post. *PRIZES* Two $50 gift vouchers will be given to winners chosen randomly from comments on each blog in the hop.  Winners will be announced on the Erin Lee Creative blog on November 9. Let's get to the projects! First up are two cards made with the same products...the  Stripe Background Stamp  and the  Stripe Sentiments Stamp Set .  There are so many possibilities with just these two products!  I started with an autumn rainbow of distress oxide inks: I really love how these sentiments fit perfectly in the stripes, and they look like the labels we used to make with those vintage label makers (remember turning the wheel and pulling the trigger for the right letters?).  They look especially good when heat embossed. (Sorry for getting that song...

Erin Lee Creative Blog Hop

Hello, my friends!  I am so happy to be included in a blog hop for a very exciting new stamp company: Erin Lee Creative .  Her stamps, stencils and dies are going to knock your socks off!  You may have arrived here from the incredible Laura Bassen's blog (I am pinching myself just saying that).  Please leave comments on the blogs along the hop, because three winners will be chosen from the comments to receive a free stamp set!  (Please comment by December 5, 2018.  Winners will be announced on the Erin Lee Creative blog .)  After me, please go see what my new friend, Michelle McDaniel , has up her sleeve.  Just look at this list of women I'm rubbing shoulders with today: Erin Lee Creative Janette Kausen Jodi Collins Amy Kolling Laura Bassen Cheryl Knutti (That's me!) Michelle McDaniel On to the projects: I got to meet Erin at a stamp retreat a few months ago, and she kindly let me play with her new stamps.  I immediately fel...