Skip to main content

Erin Lee Creative January Release

Hello everyone!  Welcome to the Erin Lee Creative January release.  When I received these products I sat down immediately and started to play.  There are such fun new stamps, dies and stencils.  I'm sure you'll find something you like.

We are hopping today (see list below) to show off these great new products.  If you've come from Lindsay Dickason's blog, you're in the right place!

There will be two (2) $25 gift certificate winners chosen from the comments on our blogs, so comment away!  Winners will be posted on the Erin Lee Creative Blog on Saturday, February 1.

First up:  Stained Glass Stencil


I used some pearly embossing paste with this stencil, and as you can see, the results are nice and crisp.  I popped up the "hello" (Big Hello Love Die) on some foam for more dimension, and the card is complete.  With a great background like that, a simple word die will finish it without competing.



Next up we have two products: Leopard Background and Let's Make Cards.  One of the best parts of this hobby is getting to know other friends who speak the same crafty language.  Crafting is definitely more fun with a friend!


I heat embossed the background stamp in clear on black cardstock, then I stamped and embosed the sentiment in white on the red circle.  I stamped and quickly colored the cute envelope then fussy cut this image and popped it up with foam tape.  See how the pattern in the heart coordinates with the background?



Finally I made one more card with the Leopard Background.  My husband really likes big cats, and black panthers are his favorite, so I thought I'd make a Valentine for him with a more subtle print like those cats have.  I just stamped the background in Versamark on black cardstock.  Of course this Love You die is just perfect as well.



I know I'll keep making lots of fun cards with the products from this release, and you will, too!  Please keep hopping with us today.  Your next stop is Jenny Colacicco.  (And if you missed it, the list of bloggers is below.  I'm in some pretty great company today!)

Erin Lee Creative
Laurie Willison
Amy Kolling
Lindsay Dickason
Cheryl Knutti  (You are here!)
Jenny Colacicco
Michelle McDaniel
Ericka Strange
Lynnea Hollendonner


Comments

  1. Wonderful set of cards! The leopard background is perfect for masculine cards, the last card is my fav of all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the first one. The background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous backgrounds
    on all the cards. Love
    that first one.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the way you used the leopard print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a really amazing job with the backgrounds on these cards. Love the use of pearly embossing paste on the first and the masculine Valentine's card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards, Cheryl! I especially love the last one---that leopard print is totally amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty stained glass stencil design, and the leopard print stencil and background stamp are just awesome! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Beautiful cards. Love the design and the colors.
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your cards are stunning - love al the fun texture and designs - my fav is the last one with the bright yellow ' love you' sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three of your cards are wonderful! I love how you used the embossing paste with the pretty new stencil. The two cards using the new leopard are "drool" worthy....both very
    different and creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! I love how you did your backgrounds! Your husband’s card is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your cards are awesome, love how you used the leopard stencil, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the first one. I love the Scandinavian/Nordic/Folk Art look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tags! The pinecone one really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I love how so many products can be used together.   And

February Blog Hop

For this month's Hop, we are to pay homage to a member of PTI's Design Team. They are all so very talented! I chose a recent project by the amazing Debbie Olson . I loved her simple design with white embossed violets on Raspberry Fizz, with a few little details sprinkled in--sparkly centers, a scored edge and rounded corners. Just beautiful! I actually copied this card exactly, because it was so easy, but then I decided to change it up a bit. Here is my version in Enchanted Evening, with the smaller flowers. I didn't have the right color buttons, so I made a little fancy ribbon edge. The sparkles are flat rhinestone stickers. Best $1.99 I've spent in a while! Thanks for the inspiration, Debbie! Paper: PTI White, Enchanted Evening Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Versamark Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers: Violets Other: Filigree White Embossing Powder, PTI EE twill ribbon, flat rhinestone stickers, corner rounder

May WMS Blog Waltz

This month's WMS Blog Waltz challenge is to make a birthday card. I have no trouble making cards for girls, but sometimes boy cards elude me. I absolutely LOVE this paper airplane from Free Spirit-Boy , and I think it's perfect for a simple, masculine birthday card. (Inside the card it says, "happy birthday".) Enjoy! Paper: PTI Kraft, White Ink: Versafine Onyx Stamps: WMS Free Spirit-Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments, PTI Little Lady (dotted trail)