Skip to main content

Raspberry Suite #8


Dawn's most recent challenge stretched me a bit. I'm not a huge fan of cream with bright colors (I'd rather use a crisp white), but I really like how my card turned out. I hope you do, too.
I traced a big Maya Road flower onto Raspberry Fizz cardstock, then cut it out. It took me a while to get the center just right--lots of experiments later, and this is what won out. The ribbon's knot is the center of the flower, and I tucked in some cut pieces of ribbon for the "tails". You can't tell I cheated, right? :) I also don't have Vintage Cream ink, so I used Fresh Snow and pounced it with a little bit of yellow chalk pastel to soften the brightness.

Also, Melissa is giving away some great blog candy...Check it out!

Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Remix, SU Kraft
Ink: PTI Fresh Snow
Stamps: SU Seeing Spots
Other: PTI Vintage Cream satin ribbon, dimensional tape, chalk pastels, Maya Road flower for a template

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. This turned out awesome! Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Love the way you did the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your card! And if you hadn't confessed you cheated, I'n never know! LOVE the big flower and the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the color challenge. Love the way you did the knot in the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the layout (and the cheating is very effective too! LOL) so pretty!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I felt someone pouncing this weekend. :) Bwaaahaaahaa!!! Couldn't resist. We all have those little card making tricks, I don't think of it as 'cheating' unless you entered it into a 4-H contest and beat out some cute little six year old or something . . . okay, I should walk away from the computer now, I think I'm punchy. :) Very nice card. And thanks for the link to the video on your blog on creating, very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!! Love that big flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card... your flower looks great. The knotted ribbon for the center is such a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Love the flower and the knotted ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl I LOVE the card!!! Great idea for the flower too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The center of your flower is genius! This is a very beautiful card!!! And, No, I cant tell you cheated! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card came out great, Cheryl! I luuuv your flower center! And I would have never known that you 'cheated' had you not written so. Also love how you got creative for a little mock vintage cream ink look! :>

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it!! It turned out great, I love your flower too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I lov...

Erin Lee Creative November Release

Hello!  I am your last stop on the Erin Lee Creative blog hop for the November release, now available in the shop .  If you haven't seen everyone's creations yet, check the list at the bottom of this post. *PRIZES* Two $50 gift vouchers will be given to winners chosen randomly from comments on each blog in the hop.  Winners will be announced on the Erin Lee Creative blog on November 9. Let's get to the projects! First up are two cards made with the same products...the  Stripe Background Stamp  and the  Stripe Sentiments Stamp Set .  There are so many possibilities with just these two products!  I started with an autumn rainbow of distress oxide inks: I really love how these sentiments fit perfectly in the stripes, and they look like the labels we used to make with those vintage label makers (remember turning the wheel and pulling the trigger for the right letters?).  They look especially good when heat embossed. (Sorry for getting that song...

Erin Lee Creative Blog Hop

Hello, my friends!  I am so happy to be included in a blog hop for a very exciting new stamp company: Erin Lee Creative .  Her stamps, stencils and dies are going to knock your socks off!  You may have arrived here from the incredible Laura Bassen's blog (I am pinching myself just saying that).  Please leave comments on the blogs along the hop, because three winners will be chosen from the comments to receive a free stamp set!  (Please comment by December 5, 2018.  Winners will be announced on the Erin Lee Creative blog .)  After me, please go see what my new friend, Michelle McDaniel , has up her sleeve.  Just look at this list of women I'm rubbing shoulders with today: Erin Lee Creative Janette Kausen Jodi Collins Amy Kolling Laura Bassen Cheryl Knutti (That's me!) Michelle McDaniel On to the projects: I got to meet Erin at a stamp retreat a few months ago, and she kindly let me play with her new stamps.  I immediately fel...