Skip to main content

Red Nordic Winter

My new favorite Waltzingmouse stamp set is Nordic Winter. LOVE. It looks great in any color, but I especially love it embossed in white on red. Not too Christmasy, but still wintery, right?
It took me forever to figure out what to put in front of that pattern, because it's so delicious. I decided to go simple. I ended up making 10 of these.
Paper: PTI White, Pure Poppy, True Black
Ink: Versamark
Stamps: WMS Nordic Winter, PTI Women of Life
Other: White Filigree embossing powder, dimensional tape

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. A stunner!! LOVE the black touches, a very classy little number Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely super - I like the splash of black!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing makes it very "real" (knitted) looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow oh WOW!!! This is stunning!! I really love the red, it really makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl this is FABULOUS!!! I so want this set too!!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that thought paid off, the black was the absolute right choice. It pops against the red and white. Nordic Winter is my favorite set too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card! Im a great Scandi style lover and you truly inspired me with this red-n-white embossed pattern. I do have the same set of stamps from the Waltzing Mouse but I've never tried embossing this pattern as I wasnt sure if the details will come out nicely. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I lov...

Erin Lee Creative November Release

Hello!  I am your last stop on the Erin Lee Creative blog hop for the November release, now available in the shop .  If you haven't seen everyone's creations yet, check the list at the bottom of this post. *PRIZES* Two $50 gift vouchers will be given to winners chosen randomly from comments on each blog in the hop.  Winners will be announced on the Erin Lee Creative blog on November 9. Let's get to the projects! First up are two cards made with the same products...the  Stripe Background Stamp  and the  Stripe Sentiments Stamp Set .  There are so many possibilities with just these two products!  I started with an autumn rainbow of distress oxide inks: I really love how these sentiments fit perfectly in the stripes, and they look like the labels we used to make with those vintage label makers (remember turning the wheel and pulling the trigger for the right letters?).  They look especially good when heat embossed. (Sorry for getting that song...

Erin Lee Creative Blog Hop

Hello, my friends!  I am so happy to be included in a blog hop for a very exciting new stamp company: Erin Lee Creative .  Her stamps, stencils and dies are going to knock your socks off!  You may have arrived here from the incredible Laura Bassen's blog (I am pinching myself just saying that).  Please leave comments on the blogs along the hop, because three winners will be chosen from the comments to receive a free stamp set!  (Please comment by December 5, 2018.  Winners will be announced on the Erin Lee Creative blog .)  After me, please go see what my new friend, Michelle McDaniel , has up her sleeve.  Just look at this list of women I'm rubbing shoulders with today: Erin Lee Creative Janette Kausen Jodi Collins Amy Kolling Laura Bassen Cheryl Knutti (That's me!) Michelle McDaniel On to the projects: I got to meet Erin at a stamp retreat a few months ago, and she kindly let me play with her new stamps.  I immediately fel...